Continuing on Traffic Issues, this part deals with 2-wheelers. The earlier part was on pedestrians and to read, click here.
Concerns for 2-wheelers:
1. Constantly jumping around pedestrians. You would be moving at speed of 40km/hr suddenly from the sides one person would climb down the median and run across the road.
2. In a 2-lane or more road there will a 4-wheeler on the 1st lane at slow speed (40km/hr and below). On a 2-wheeler you would be on 2nd lane at same speed. Another 4-wheeler at a higher speed would come behind you and keep honking. Awareness of lane rules are non-existent.
3. On Outer Ring Road, even if a 2-wheeler is on left most lane is not safe with 4-wheelers spreading over there to maintain their speed and move ahead of others
Concerns due to 2-wheelers:
1. Suddenly cutting across vehicles.
2. Non-usage of rear-view mirrors. In some motorbikes there are no rear view mirrors only.
3. Placing the helmet on top of fuel tank. Sometimes it does slip off and causes disturbance to other road users.
4. Riding on pavements.
5. One hand on motorbike another holding mobile phone and talking. Thus staying distracted.
6. Removing cement blocks from medians and creating a space to turn or take u-turn.
7. Jumping signals when no one is looking at peak-hours.
I might be repeating lot of known things. This is purely from my observation in last couple of months.
When I thought of writing a post on Traffic and some major concerns I wanted to split it into different segments who are part of the system.
In the first part it is about pedestrians. Very much part of the traffic, there are concerns for the pedestrians and there are also concerns due to the pedestrians.
Concerns for pedestrians:
1. There are lot of unmanned junctions. vehicular traffic never slows down for pedestrians even if they cross the zebra crossing.
2. There are lot of junctions with traffic signals but not one for pedestrians. Many of them have signals for pedestrians but there are vehicles which jump over the signal causing inconvenience to pedestrians.
3. During non-peak hours vehicles jumping the signal when it is for pedestrians is a well known fact. They sometimes come in too close, scaring the pedestrians.
4. Pavements, it is non-existent in most areas.
4a. In areas where there are pavements, it is used for parking of 2-wheelers and 4-wheelers. Not to miss out 2-wheelers riding on pavements.
4b. In other areas, pavements are used by shopkeepers. And in some shops extend their shop to the pavement for attracting customers.
Conerns created by pedestrians:
1. Whenever they are out of a building or office complex people want to cross the road. Every individual wants to cross at their time and end up stopping the entire traffic.
2. In areas like EGL on Inner Ring Road even there is a signal specifically for pedestrians, they cannot wait for the signal. And people don’t move towards the to cross but cross wherever they want to.
3. In areas like Marathahalli and other places, people when they cross they take their own sweet time to cross.
4. When the signal turns green for flow of traffic that is when people start to cross and stop traffic to jump over. No patience to wait till the signal turns red.
5. Usage of mobile phones when crossing the road unaware of what speed the vehicles are coming towards them.
After quite some time of watching all kinds of crap movies, today watched a better one. Pizza II – Villa.
This is no continuation to the first one. The story is different and with the way it begins one would wonder ok, yet another movie, so what. The movie doesn’t go around that direction though there are leads towards same.
How does one show the leads to yet another normal movie.
1. Main character Ashok Selvan as Jebin is a Christian.
2. There are few scenes in the church (Luz Mylapore, Chennai)
3. Usual of crow sitting on top of gate when the hero enters the house.
4. There is a dog found dead within the Villa compound.
5. The female lead role Sanchita Shetty as Arthi is very much interested in the house.
6. When you do a google search of the events and find for leads you come to know that the house was built by a guy who knew witch craft and that he killed a small kid.
7. You also find a guy who is specialized in driving it away from a book published by him.
“Every art is based on the ambience around”.
You maybe a painter or book writer, what you paint or write depends on the energy around you and the place that you are in.
Background score is good sometimes it gives too much hype to the sequence.
The script is tight. No loose ends.
All characters have done extremely well.
Low budget movie.
Nasser and SJ Surya are in a very small cameo role.
The songs don’t make you lose interest in the movie though it could have been left out.
Lot of credit to director and story writer Deepan Chakravarthy.
Overall worth the watch. I would rate it as 4/5.
Hopefulle this is not the beginning but the end of Ajith movies. And last of Ajith movies. It was just rambam!
Ajith, the Chief is a disappointment. Nayanthara without any dance from her again a disappointment. Arya no big shakes. Tapasi looks like replacement for Genelia. They both kill us with umpteen usage of “baby” “baby”.
Music by Yuvan Shankar Raja is too loud that you feel like closing ears.
Screenplay is with lot of loose ends!
Direction less said the better.
The story is simple Ajith wants to take revenge on Maharashtra Joint Police Chief and ministers involved in scam of purchase of bullet proof jackets. Lot of cats fall out of the bag.
Arya the brilliant computer science student is a hacker. Nayanthara a co-student and Tapasi too. Obviously our hero has to triumph in the end.
Avoid this movie.
My rating 2/5.