1. Poondu (garlic) – 30 pieces
2. Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
3. Tamarind – 3 small rounds
4. Sambhar Powder – 3 spoons
5. Salt – 2 spoons
6. Red chillis – 3 pieces
1. Peel the garlic. This is the most boring job!!
2. Heat the tamarind in water. Then squeeze the tamarind and take the water out. Make a thick paste of this.
3. Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds.
4. To this mixture put the garlic and fry them till it becomes slightly golden.
5. Now add the red chiilies and fry that too.
5. Add the turmeric powder & sambhar powder. Mix the contents.
6. Immediately add tamarind water and mix the contents.
7. Add the salt and again mix.
8. Allow the content in the pan to boil. Then reduce the flame and allow the content to continue boiling. Till the smell of sambhar powder goes off. Regularly keep stirring the contents.
9. Once the smell of sambhar powder is gone, make the mixture into thick content.
10. Now poondu vathal kozhambu is ready to be served.
This is can be mixed with rice and eaten.