Some funny incidents which happened during our travel.
1. In Manathavady a qualis guy stoped his vehicle in front of a “No Parking” Board. Instead of moving his vehicle from there he removed the board itself!!
2. In the same place we enquired on how to reach Veliyanur which was in Kannur district. Manathavady is in Waynad district. Enters Saji, he rushes to bus stand enquires and comes back with wrong name. He then asks us to wait for ZEST Tourist office to open. At 10:00am the office opens and we have a conversation with receptionist there. She makes two phone calls and her boss Raji enters the scene. He makes 4 phone calls to find out our destination. Now, hes expecting some money from us but we put a picture that we are NGO!! Thats blows him off. He has wasted money in making STD calls. Saji in the meantime walks into the office expecting a commision only to be scolded by Raji for bringing wrong set of people!!
3. From Thrissur we board bus to Kalady. Few minutes after passing the stop, I enquire with the conductor. “Ayyo, adu poi” with slap on his forehead is the response from conductor!!
4. The conductor from Chembavoor to Kollam abuses me for asking change of Rs.4/- even though he has it. I remembered vadivelu’s dialogue in tamil movie “yen kaasu ketkarthuku ippadi kova padara” (You get angry for asking my money)
5. At the tourist office in Kollam, we enquire about Kottara saying we are NGO. He makes few phone calls and finds out. All this conversation in English. At the end I ask him in Malayalam.
Me: Ividanda etra dooram (How far is it from here)
He: (Fully surprised) Malayam ariyo (You know Malayalam)
Me: Korachu ariyum (Little bit)
He: Nee theeviravadi, English la parayum aana Malayalam ariyum (You are a terrorist, you know Malayalam but still talked in English)
6. At the bus enquiry counter in Kollam
Me: Ividanda etra mani Tenkasi bus kittum (What time is the bus to Tenkasi from here)
Me: Straight Tenkasi
He: Illai valanju poi (No, it goes zig-zag manner)
7. We reach Tenkasi at 12:30 in the night and go out for Tea. At the tea shop:
Me: inda varusham mazhai illaya (No rains this year)
He: illai, eppadi varum. Prostitution irruku, adan saami ye parthu mazhai kudukalai. (How will it be, prostitution is rampant so God saw this and decides against rain)
(I have to censor the remaining part of conversation which was filled with actions and lot of words. Finally we ended up with bleeding ears at the end of this 30minutes talk)
8. At the Tenkasi bus stand, two guys go around waking up people who are sleeping. This entire incident and the way police reacted was so hilarious that no words can explain it. This sequence for 2hrs easily qualified for next movie script and once we make a short movie on this incident, it would be available here!!
The tough times were also there. The trip was not roller coaster by any means!!
1. From Mysore we wanted to go to Ooty and roam around for few hours before going to Chembkolly (which was actually Ayyankolly). Since there were no buses in the night we took the morning bus only to reach Ooty by 10:30am and also we crossed the point Gudalur from where we had to take diversion. Now having gone to Ooty we returned all the way which meant we spent additional 5hrs which was just wastage of time.
2. In Kalpetta we decided to take a room since it was raining heavily only to get smitten all over the body by bloody bed bugs. My friend had an swollen eye at the end of it.
3. From Tanjore we had to goto Jayamkondacholapuram. We took wrong route and went to Mannargudi while we should have actually gone to Kumbakonam. But we did not loose much of time.
4. From Nellore we wanted to continue on the trip but the cost was just getting higher from there to goto Hydrebad that we decided to take a diversion and return to Bangalore.