Avial is a South Indian Keralite speciality dish. It is easy to make. Its a dish of vegetables put together. Only cutting of vegetables takes time.
It can be made as gravy dish or semi-solid.
What is required:
1. White pumpkin
2. Yellow pumpkin (less in quantity, otherwise taste is very different)
5. Broad beans (Avaraikai)
10. Green Chillies
11. 2-3 cups of Curd
12. Churned coconut
13. Green leaves
(Quantity of vegetables decide on the how much is required based on number of people)
1. Peel the skin of carrot, potatoes, chowchow.
2. Cut the vegetables into almost similar length. Dont cut brinjal too small.
3. Wash the vegetables. Put them in a pan.
4. Mix one cup of curd with water. Pour this mixture into the pan and put it on for boiling.
5. In the meantime, make a paste of churned coconut and 3-4 green chillies.
6. Once the vegetables are boiled, add the above paste.
7. Add another 1/2 cup of curd.
8. Mix the contents and allow it to boil for 2-3minutes.
9. Add green leaves, mix the content.
Now avial is ready. Avial goes well Adai, coconut rice, lemon rice, tamarind rice and plain rice.